01 Jun 2017 17:32
Are you looking to push your climbing, learn new techniques and make the most of your training? Then our brand new technique courses are for you. Made up of 4 sessions focusing on different areas of the bouldering wall you will cover everything a climber needs to send those problems. All the session can be booked individually or as a block of 4 with a great discount.
Check out full details and online booking below
30 May 2017 11:42
Looking for something for your little ones to do this half term!
Why not bring your child down to Red Spider on Thursday 1st June and they can hang out with Batman in our dedicated kids castle play area.
The Kids Castle play area is situated separately from the main climbing area and boasting its own mezzanine, where parents can relax whilst keeping watch. Marooned within the Castle’s shadow is the Pirate Ship, with fun bouldering routes for all abilities on the exterior facade with several decks to be negotiated and navigated. Plus fun and games with Batman.
Don’t forget, we have a coffee shop, so parents, you can sit back and relax with a cappuccino or treat yourself to a delicious slice of homemade cake while the kids play.
Great fun for kids aged 4 – 7 years!
Advance booking is recommended!
For more information or to book visit: https://www.redspiderclimbing.com/youth/casual-kids-and-holiday-clubs/
12 May 2017 17:26
BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY 29th May…book now!
Bouldering is a quick and fun way to get into climbing, so why not bring the whole family and get active!
No previous climbing experience is required and once you have completed the induction you will be able to use Red Spider to boulder unsupervised.
- Introduction to bouldering and climbing movement
- Allows you to sign up to use the bouldering wall without supervision
- Take part in our social evenings
- Your SpiderBook with over £25 worth of offers
- Carry on climbing after your session
- Includes lifetime joining fee
- Duration 1 hour
- Includes all safety equipment and instruction
BOOK ONLINE NOW
(Online booking only, Monday 29th May 2017, children must be accompanied by at least one participating adult. Cannot be used with any other offer.)
25 Apr 2017 12:28
A BIT ABOUT EMMA
Emma, is a one of the UK’s top climbers, having climbed 8b+ sport, E9 Trad and bouldered V10. Not only this but Emma has a Degree in Sports coaching so certainly knows a thing or to when it comes to guiding climbers on their paths to crushing those routes and problems.
Emma’s top tips for those who have been climbing indoors for a year or two? Things that can make a massive improvement.
- Footwork and movement are the key ones. if you start climbing inside you have all these positive holds so people don’t look at the basics of how to use their feet and move properly. Eg you can try taking out the hand hold so you only climb on [arrest] and grooves.
- Have a play time on a problem. Try once and do it one way, then try again and do it differently. See which works better and why.
- Watch other climbers – see how and why they climb well.
- People think they need to train to get stronger but, in fact, most people would see greatest improvement by focusing on their technique.
WHO IS THIS SESSION SUITED FOR?
We recommend that you are climbing V2-3 to get the most out of this session.
DATE & TIME
Thursday 25th May – 7 pm – 9 pm
Duration- 2 hours (7pm – 9pm).
Cost £25 pp (includes wall entry).
1:8 ratio with coaching on our bouldering wall.
HOW TO BOOK
For more information and/or to book this Masterclass visit:
10 Dec 2016 13:00
January NIBAS classes are now bookable online and at reception https://www.redspiderclimbing.com/youth/nibas/
The National Indoor Bouldering Award Scheme (NIBAS) is a nationwide Scheme designed to provide structured progression, for complete novices, through to experienced indoor boulderers. The Scheme focuses on providing young, new climbers with the skills necessary to climb on artificial climbing walls, without the use of harnesses or ropes, and is open to candidates aged 7 and upwards.
All classes are bookable online via https://www.redspiderclimbing.com/nibas/
Click on the image for further information or speak to reception on your next visit.
11 Nov 2016 19:27
Time fly’s when you’re having fun, and over the last year we’ve enjoyed creating, watching and sending some great climbing! So to celebrate we’re holding Red’s first birthday party on December the 3rd, everyone’s invited so save the date and we look forward to seeing you on the day!
Two Bouldering Competitions!
– Elite SEND Boulder Comp with CASH prizes – Pre-Registration Below
– Plus another £1000 worth of gear prizes for challenges!
– Casual fun Boulder Comp also with loads of prizes! – Pre-Registration Below
– Dyno Competition
– Iron Climber Challenge
– Traverse of death!
– Table, Ship and Chair Climbing
Coaching and Masterclasses from…
– Emma Twyford
– FREE Strength and Conditioning class from Rich ‘Tricky’ Hudson
– Half Price Taster Sessions
Check out online booking and full info below
– FREE sports massages by KNOTS
– FREE Nutritional Advice by Naturally Bridie
– Shoe Demos from 5:10 and Scarpa
– Quality DJ all day!
– Face Painting
06 Aug 2016 15:31
We have a fantastic offer for our loyal customers as well as new climbers at our centre this summer.
Introduce a friend who hasn’t been to Red Spider before and you both receive half-price entry! If you’re a Pre-paid member you’ll receive free coffee/tea & cake and your friend will receive half price entry.
20 Jun 2016 10:00
Here at Red Spider we are always re-setting a different circuit with some of the biggest names in the industry, here is the upcoming sets for the next few weeks.
Get those last few routes sent!
11 Jun 2016 11:23
This Fathers Day why not treat him to a rock climbing experience he will never forget.
- Gift Vouchers for private coaching, beginners courses, t-shirts, chalk bags, climbing shoes and more! (can be used at a later date, see t&cs)
or on the 19th only:
- Taster Sessions from £15 per adult and £12 per child with a free t-shirt if you can get three generations in the session!
- Free hot drink and cake for Dads.
Check out the links above for bookings, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more or visit us at Red Spider Climbing, Unit N, Fort Wallington Industrial Estate, Po16 8TT
27 Feb 2016 18:38
Tons of setting been going on, including a new blue circuit
filling the space between the yellow and orange circuits.
Come on down and check out all that’s been happening at Red!
Cheers, the Red Spider Team
08 Jan 2016 18:33
Come and join us for our official launch party Saturday 30th January (Yes we know we've been open for a while now!) where we have a range of competitions and fun events for all ages and abilities. There will be a live DJ, food and drink plenty of prizes and giveaways as well as cash prizes!
Also, we are running our popular taster sessions on the day for half price! That’s just £10 per person, but hurry places are limited so book online below.
See you on the day!
[Sorry, booking link no longer active – but please see our current offerings]
17 Dec 2015 18:48
Please note our Christmas opening hours:
We shut for 3 days over Christmas (it's the only days we shut all year!), ie we are closed on 24th, 25th and 26th.
Sun 27th – normal hours, ie 10am – 7.30pm
Monday 28th – bank holiday hours, ie 10am – 7.30pm
Tues 29th and Wed 30th – normal hours, ie 10am-10pm
Thurs 31st -10am till 4pm
Fri 1st Jan – 12 noon – 7:30pm
then all back to normal!
the Red Spider Team
31 Oct 2015 11:48
With our opening day looming, the 7th of November if you haven’t saved the date, all the blocs are up. Over 200 problems for you to get your teeth into set by the likes of Yann, Evie, Stew, Matt VC, Matt Cousins, Matt Birch. Not only that but we have a dedicated training area with 45° training board and a systems board.
28 Oct 2015 14:44
Its finally here. Red spider will be opening its doors to the public for the first time on November the 7th at 10:00am. We hope to see you all there.