26 Apr 2017 16:45
BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY 1st May…book now!
Bouldering is a quick and fun way to get into climbing, so why not bring the whole family and get active!
No previous climbing experience is required and once you have completed the induction you will be able to use Red Spider to boulder unsupervised.
- Introduction to bouldering and climbing movement
- Allows you to sign up to use the bouldering wall without supervision
- Take part in our social evenings
- Your SpiderBook with over £25 worth of offers
- Carry on climbing after your session
- Includes lifetime joining fee
- Duration 1 hour
- Includes all safety equipment and instruction
*BOOK ONLINE HERE
(Online booking only, Monday 1st May 2017, children must be accompanied by at least one participating adult. Cannot be used with any other offer.)
25 Apr 2017 12:28
A BIT ABOUT EMMA
Emma, is a one of the UK’s top climbers, having climbed 8b+ sport, E9 Trad and bouldered V10. Not only this but Emma has a Degree in Sports coaching so certainly knows a thing or to when it comes to guiding climbers on their paths to crushing those routes and problems.
Emma’s top tips for those who have been climbing indoors for a year or two? Things that can make a massive improvement.
- Footwork and movement are the key ones. if you start climbing inside you have all these positive holds so people don’t look at the basics of how to use their feet and move properly. Eg you can try taking out the hand hold so you only climb on [arrest] and grooves.
- Have a play time on a problem. Try once and do it one way, then try again and do it differently. See which works better and why.
- Watch other climbers – see how and why they climb well.
- People think they need to train to get stronger but, in fact, most people would see greatest improvement by focusing on their technique.
WHO IS THIS SESSION SUITED FOR?
We recommend that you are climbing V2-3 to get the most out of this session.
DATE & TIME
Thursday 25th May – 7 pm – 9 pm
Duration- 2 hours (7pm – 9pm).
Cost £25 pp (includes wall entry).
1:8 ratio with coaching on our bouldering wall.
HOW TO BOOK
For more information and/or to book this Masterclass visit:
12 Apr 2017 12:48
Red Spider Climbing membership has so many benefits – not only is our bouldering wall a really brilliant place to get active, you can spend time as a family here and of course socialise with fellow climbers and then relax in our café.
For more information on our membership visit https://www.redspiderclimbing.com/the-centre/prices/
12 Apr 2017 12:16
Looking for something for your kids to do this half term! Check out our castle play and climbing area https://www.redspiderclimbing.com/kids-castle-and-pirate-ship/
Situated separately from the main climbing area and boasting its own mezzanine, where parents can relax whilst keeping watch, is our exciting Kids Castle! Marooned within the Castle’s shadow is the Pirate Ship, with fun bouldering routes for all abilities on the exterior facade with several decks to be negotiated and navigated.
Great fun for kids 3 years and up! No need to pre-book, just come along and join in the fun!